Plastic Injection Molding Case Study—Connector project
Challenge of product:
1. Very tiny tolerance: most of tolerance on the drawing are between +/0.03mm~+/-0.05mm.
2. The thickness of all ribs are 0.3~0.34mm, and the depth are 15.4mm
3. No burr on the all shut off areas.
1. We must control the mold tolerance to ensure the product tolerance: +/-0.001mm by grinding, most of the inserts finished by grinding, +/-0.005mm by EDM, only EDM the areas which unable to process by grinding.
2. We used high grand steel, all insert are made by Viking.
3. Parts need to be molded on high speed injection Machine. You can only fill full 0.3mm*depth15mm areas on the part by using high-speed injection molding machine like Fanuc